Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Is the Adidas contest gi good for high school competition?

I am a first year judo-ka, and a sophomore in high school. I am looking for a durable, long-lasting gi; I plan to continue high school competition for the next 2 years, and possibly club judo... would the Adidas Contest gi be suitable, or should I go with a Mizuno? Thanks.|||The quality and cut of the Adidas is superb. However, the material used by Adidas isn't top grade and is pretty raw in terms of how it is processed. This means it is prone to shrinkage unless you wash it VERY carefully. Adidas gi can drop a full size if washed incorrectly.





The Mizuno is a top grade brand. Better quality material but I would say that it doesn't look as good or feel as good when you first get it. It needs wearing in.





So, it terms of looks and fit, I would say Adidas. In terms of longevity and wear, Mizuno.





Hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment